At work yesterday
- Me: I don't believe in marriage and all that fairy tale bullshit.
- Prissa: So who broke your heart?
- Me: What?
- Prissa: You know mentality only comes from a broken heart.. But not from any guy. It's your dad isn't it?
- Me: Whoa.... are you psychic?
- Prissa: Haha no, I've been through it with my own father. You'll get through it. If you need anything, at all, let me know. I know how hard everything is for you right now.
I think she was afraid to love sometimes. I think it scared her. She was the type to like things that are concrete, like the ocean. Something you could point to and know what it was… And I think that’s why she struggled with love. She couldn’t touch it. She couldn’t hold on to it and make sure it never changed.
— Carrie Ryan, The Dead-Tossed Waves (via cinnabawn)